WWE and WWE Network have been recognized for their creative excellence by the Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts (AIVA) with four W3 Gold Awards and 13 Silver Awards.
- · WWE Network, the groundbreaking 24/7 streaming and on-demand service now available in more than 170 countries, received a Gold Award in Media Streaming. It also received Silver Awards in the Entertainment and Sports Website categories, as well as a prize for Visual Appeal. WWE Network was also honored as a Silver Award recipient among Video Channels and Networks in Entertainment.
- · WWESlamCity.com, where you can check out side-splitting cartoons featuring your favorite WWE Superstars, was recognized for excellence among children’s websites. It also won a Silver Award for Visual Appeal.
- · WWE.com received three Silver Awards, taking home honors in the General Website – Entertainment, Sports and Television categories.
- · The new WrestleMania.com, the premier destination for news, results, photos and videos relating to The Show of Shows, took home two Gold Awards, as it was honored in both the Events and Entertainment categories.
- · WrestleMania 29, which packed 80,676 passionate fans into New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium in April 2013, was recognized for excellence in entertainment social media with a Silver Award.
- · WWE.com’s creative videos were also honored, with an animated pre-WrestleMania look at Daniel Bryan’s rise to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and a slow-motion trip to WWE NXT taking home Silver Awards for Web Video.
AIVA presents the W3 Awards every year to the very best in websites, web advertising, mobile sites/apps and web video.