In addition to these features, WWE 2K15 provides consumers with a wealth of downloadable content, including playable characters, new moves and new story-driven content at no additional cost. This offering represents significant savings for consumers looking to experience WWE 2K on Windows PC for the first time. The free downloadable content is currently scheduled for release in spring 2015. Additional information on the available content and release schedule is as follows:
WWE 2K15 for Windows PC – Content with Game Purchase
The following content is immediately accessible at launch by consumers who purchase WWE 2K15 for Windows PC:
- Full Game;
- Access to two playable Sting characters: the mysterious, ghost-like persona with black and white face paint, as well as his earlier look featuring bright colors and a blond, flattop hairstyle;
- Access to two playable Hulk Hogan® characters: Hulk Hogan and “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan.
The following content, available in spring 2015, will be available free of charge to consumers who purchase WWE 2K15 for Windows PC:
- WCW Pack
- Playable WCW Superstars: Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page, Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal and Lex Luger;
- NXT® ArRIVAL Pack
- Playable Former WWE Champion, NXT General Manager and Monday Night Raw announcer: JBL®;
- Playable NXT Superstars: Adam Rose™ and The Ascension™ (Konnor™ and Viktor™);
- Playable NXT Diva: Emma™;
- New Moves Pack
- More than 30 new moves, including an alternate version of Sister Abigail (made popular by Bray Wyatt™), the Gutwrench Suplex (made popular by Cesaro™), Rack Attack (made popular by Nikki Bella™) and Running Knee Smash (made popular by Brie Bella™), as well as the Uso Crazy and Spinning Powerbomb (made popular by Jimmy Uso® and Jey Uso®);
- Instant access to all unlockable content available in the game;
- 2K Showcase: One More Match
- Story focused on the rivalry between WWE Superstars Randy Orton® and Christian® in 2011;
- Playable WWE Superstars (2011 versions): Christian, Randy Orton, Edge®, Mark Henry® and Sheamus®;
- Playable arenas from 2011: SmackDown®, Extreme Rules®, Over the Limit® and Capitol Punishment™;
- 2K Showcase: Hall of Pain
- Playable WWE Superstars (2011 versions): Mark Henry, Big Show®, Kane®, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Sheamus, The Great Khali®, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan® and Ryback®;
- Playable arenas: SmackDown (2011), Vengeance® (2011) and WrestleMania® 29;
- 2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior
- Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
- Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior (1989-1996), Hulk Hogan (1990), Andre the Giant (1988), Sgt. Slaughter (1991) and “Macho Man” Randy Savage (1991);
- Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man (1988), Rick Rude (1990) and Colonel Mustafa (1991);
- Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker (1991) and Hunter Hearst Helmsley (1996);
- Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan;
- Playable arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam (1988, 1990 and 1991); Saturday Night’s Main Event® XXIV and Madison Square Garden.
About WWE 2K15 for Windows PC
WWE 2K15 offers a gameplay experience designed to elevate the long-running WWE 2K franchise while accurately depicting what players experience on WWE’s television programs and during live events. New animations captured in an authentic WWE ring, a new chain wrestling integration, strategic strike attacks, a new stamina mechanic and an updated on-screen display reflecting player health, momentum and stamina dramatically change the gameplay experience. New proprietary facial and body scanning technology present highly realistic WWE Superstars, Divas and Legends, while WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler™ and WWE commentator Michael Cole™ call the action through commentary that exceeds five times the number of recorded lines versus any prior year. Furthermore, changes to presentation elements, such as lighting and camera angles, make WWE 2K15 the most realistic simulation to date for the franchise.
WWE 2K15 offers several fan-favorite modes, including Creation Suite, Universe Mode and the single-player, story-driven 2K Showcase. In the mode, 2K Showcase sees players relive two WWE rivalries – Triple H® vs. Shawn Michaels® (2002-2004) and John Cena® vs. CM Punk (2011-2013) – through 33 distinct matches with documentary-style video packages of classic WWE footage, authentic WWE Superstar commentary and cinematic cut scenes. Bonus historical objectives unlock new WWE Superstars and Championship titles, as well as alternate entrance and ring gear, that can be used in other WWE 2K15 game modes.
For the first time in franchise history, WWE 2K15 also introduces a new element to the gameplay experience through a career-driven mode – MyCareer – that will serve as a building block for future titles. In MyCareer, players begin their journey at the WWE Performance Center, where they are mentored by the facility’s head trainer, Bill DeMott. Players go on to compete on NXT, where they encounter a roster of current and future WWE Superstars, including Rusev™, Bo Dallas™, Adrian Neville™, Sami Zayn™ and Corey Graves™. After battling at NXT, players move up to WWE’s main roster to compete for the ultimate goal of winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Overall, MyCareeroffers an engaging gameplay experience with extensive replay value, in particular when players experience the mode as both fan favorites and rule breakers.
The WWE 2K15 experience for Windows PC is complete with a roster of notable and rising talent. WWE 2K15 cover Superstar and in-game soundtrack curator, John Cena, is joined by WWE Superstars Dwayne “The Rock®” Johnson, Undertaker®, Randy Orton, Triple H and WWE Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin®, as well as many rising WWE Superstars, including Bray Wyatt™, Cesaro, Roman Reigns™, Seth Rollins™ and Dean Ambrose™.
Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K15 is rated T for Teen by the ESRB and available now on Windows PC for $49.99. In addition, WWE 2K15 is available for the for the PlayStation®4 system and Xbox One, as well as the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft.
2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).